Chaffee Pandemic Fund – Deadline is Sept., 3 to Receive $600 – $1,500
by iFoster |
August 27, 2021
You might be eligible to receive $600 - $1,500, and iFoster is here to help. If you have not applied, it only takes a few minutes and iFoster will help you. If you have already applied, you should apply again. Only 17% of eligible CA foster youth have applied and no funds have been distributed yet.
What is the Chafee Pandemic Fund – Am I eligible?
- California Foster Youth who are between 18 and 26 and who were or are in Extended Foster Care in California are eligible to receive a onetime cash card as part of COVID pandemic relief aid.
- If you are between 18 and 20 and in extended foster care, you could be eligible for $600 cash card.
- If you are between 21 and your 27th birthday and were in extended foster care, you could be eligible for $1,500 cash card.
- If you are not sure if you qualify – apply, it’s the only way to be sure.
When is the deadline?
- Friday, September 3, 2021 by 5:00pm PT.
How do I apply or reapply?
- The easiest way is to complete this form (CLICK HERE) and iFoster can submit it to the right State or County government team responsible for approving and sending out cash cards.
- Each County and the State have their own processes depending on your age, your county of origin, etc. so it is difficult to figure out and easy to get wrong. The iFoster form is all the information that is needed and we will get it to the right team.
I applied but have heard nothing.
- Unfortunately, many applications have not been received by the approving government agencies. We recommend that you apply again. We can submit the application for you directly to the California State and County teams who are approving and sending out the cash cards.
Do I need to know my current/former county social worker?
- NO! That is a nice to have, not a need to have. If you don’t know their name, you should still apply.
- Based on your first name, last name, date of birth and social security, State and County departments can look you up in the official CWS/CMS child welfare database and find you. Your social workers will be listed in that database too.
I’m in or was in KIN-GAP or Pre-Adopt or Reunified or …. DO I QUALIFY?
- You must have been or are in Extended Foster Care in California (meaning your case was in California, you may have lived out of state) to qualify. If you are not sure if you qualify – APPLY!
- We can submit the application for you directly to the California State and County teams who are approving and sending out the cash cards.
If you have any questions:
- Call / text the iFoster hotline at 213-320-1242. Your fellow TAY AmeriCorps Members are standing by to help.
#iamifoster #FosterYouth #OpportunityYouth #LAFosterYputh #TransitionAgeYouth #CurrentandFormerFosterYouth #ChafeeFunds #CheckForUs